Our Response to Covid-19
As I’m sure you’re all aware, Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been putting increased pressure on businesses across the UK.
We also recognise the unique role that we play in our customers’ day to day activities and we, therefore, wanted to share our commitment to maintaining service continuity so our customers can stay focused on their own daily lives. To ensure the COVID-19 crisis will not impact us or the level of service, here are the measures we’ve taken:
OFFICE & TEAM:
- Following official guidelines: Our offices are strictly adhering to all guidelines from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), and our staff are taking all preventative measures seriously.
- Working: We are currently back to work from the office, and will continue to work flexibly to allow for us to meet the needs of our clients and tenants.
- Opening the office: The physical office is open by appointment only and all members of staff adhere to social distancing while mitigating our risk of contact as much as possible.
- Travel restrictions: We note that during any periods of local lockdown we will be limiting our (and our contractors) visits to properties to only those absolutely necessary so as to limit the contact with houses and the tenants therein.
- Managing employee illness: Employees who are not feeling well are instructed to stay at home. If they, or a family member, are diagnosed with the virus, our team will be immediately notified. No Floorspace employee’, as of postive, have contracted COVID-19.
- Restricted maintenance responses: We must consider whether it is absolutely necessary to deploy a contractor right away. All essential required works will continue as normal unless a tenant has the symptoms of the virus. Where a tenant refuses access to a property, we’re ensuring this is documented to ensure compliance is met.
- Rental payments & arrears: Where a tenant is suffering with financial uncertainty, we ask they inform us right away so we can put together a plan of action. An early conversation between landlord and tenant can help both parties to agree a plan if tenants are struggling to pay their rent. This can include reaching a temporary agreement not to seek possession action for a period of time and instead accept a lower level of rent, or agree a plan to pay off arrears at a later date.
- Evictions & Possessions: When using either Section 8 or Section 21 notices to quit, landlords must give at least three months’ notice before they can apply to the court for possession. This applies regardless of which ground is used for Section 8. All new or existing claims for possession are suspended for a 90-day period from 27 March 2020. The legislation covering notice periods is in force until 30 September 2020. It is subject to review and may be extended.
- Universal Credit: Tenants can apply for Universal Credit online and can receive up to a month’s advance upfront without physically attending a job centre. If individuals are suffering from Coronavirus or are required to stay at home and want to apply for Employment Support Allowance (ESA), the usual seven-day waiting period for new claimants will not apply. ESA will be payable from day one www.gov.uk/apply-universal-credit. If an individual cannot work due to Coronavirus and is eligible for Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), they will get it from day one, rather than from the fourth day of their illness. This applies retrospectively from 13 March 2020. People receiving benefits do not have to attend job centre appointments for three months, starting from 19 March 2020. The government has increased the standard allowance in Universal Credit and the basic element in Working Tax Credit for one year. If individuals are already receiving Personal Independence Payments, ESA, Universal Credit or Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit they will continue to receive their current payments as normal.
If you have urgent concerns visit: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
Latest Government advice: gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
Floorspace are the current winners of University of Manchester Students’ Union 2015 and Manchester Student Homes ‘Landlord Of The Year’ award 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019 (10 or more properties).
Welcome to the Floorspace website, we are a property company that specialises in residential property in South Manchester. The business has been operating for over 15 years and has a wealth of experience in Property Investment and Development, Building, Construction, Letting and Portfolio Management. The business is unique as we own most of the properties we rent out and when dealing with us that shows; we aim to offer top quality rental accommodation to both student and professional tenants with a quality service.
We have a small but very experienced team dealing with the ongoing property management and in-house maintenance of our portfolio. We also have an extensive base of tradesmen to call upon to deal with other maintenance issue that may occur ensuring you have the best stay possible in our properties.
Our properties range from 1 bedroom flats to 11 bedroom houses. We are accredited with Unipol and Manchester Student Homes ensuring you will have a quality house with a professional service supporting you during your stay. Please click on the properties tab above to see what’s available…
Please call us on 0161 434 7433 for any further information you may need or to book a viewing… We look forward to hearing from you!
To see our available student properties, either click the properties tab above, or the link button to StuRents below!.
- 1 bathroom
- 3 bedrooms
- £425 pppm
- 1 bathroom
- 4 bedrooms
- £434 pppm
- 1 bathroom
- 3 bedrooms
- £455 pppm
- 2 bathrooms
- 5 bedrooms
- £403 pppm
- 4 bathrooms
- 10 bedrooms
- £500 pppm
- 3 bathrooms
- 6 bedrooms
- £520 pppm
Floorspace is always on the look out for development opportunities, we love to add value by renovating or finding an angle not always obvious.
We have invested with several partners over the years and in every instance never failed to make good profits for all parties involved. We have a wealth of knowledge and contacts making investing with floorspace a great business opportunity. Investors welcome!
From cosy one bedroom flats to 11 bedroom amazing house shares we can help. We have many flats and houses in locations around South Manchester. If you are looking to move, please let us know, we would love to help!